Monday, March 19, 2007

Coffee & Cream...

Sounds yummy...actually it is the Monday Technique Challenge over on SCS:

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233704 to use any color brown and any color off white...just don't use coffee or cocoa type stamps! No problem, I don't have very many of those!!! So here are my non coffee/cocoa cards!

First up is a birthday card - of the masculine type...All images by DRS Designs - link on the right!


I saw a sketch in a magazine this am that was all squares so I came up with the color blocking idea and varied size squares for this one...not sure I've really done one like this before! I stamped the boots in the same position twice with brown craft ink and then heat embossed them with clear powder. I cut them out and adhered one to the square...the other is on a pop dot. The off white panel is cuttlebugged with the birthday folder, I pierced here and there and added a star brad on the tiny square. This was a pretty quick and simple card to make.

Next is an I'm sorry card...or get well, I guess. The sentiment is stamped with brown stazon onto vellum...the bear is stamped on the inside of the card and water colored...I punched a scallop in the card, the kraft piece and the brown piece. The vellum is mounted in between the kraft and brown pieces. I held it together with a spiral clip so the bear could be seen easier. I had intended to use a transparency but the brown sentiment on the brown bear just didn't seem to flow...this one is cuttlebugged with the heart folder...I pierced along the edge and faux stitched with my white gel pen. I also added some stardust pen dots around the scallop. I cuttlebugged a slider and mounted it on a circle with a heart brad attached to the center.

The sentiment reads: A hug is the perfect gift, one size fits all and it's returnable.

Next is a floral card inspired by Debbie Olson - you can find a link to her blog on the right - she is one of my stamping heroines!! I visit her blog almost daily.

This is a simple card...just stamped the floral stamp, added some ribbon on the corners and some stardust pen to the flower centers. I pierced around the focal point from the top to where it meets the plaid stamp...layered a word window punch (SU!) and added some antiqued brads. I pierced along the bottom as well.

I hope your week is off to a good start - went to the dreaded dentist this am- a good report but was so traumatized as a kid, I can't seem to get over the fear! At least that is done for another 6 months!!! It is snowing here...again! It barely snowed all winter and now that Spring is approaching we have over a foot of this stuff! Well, hopefully it won't be around long!

We're approaching 15k hits! Yeah, and thank you to everyone who visits - be sure to tell your friends because it will soon be time for another blog giveaway! Stay tuned...more details to follow!

See you soon...

1 comment:

Rochelle W said...

The card with the cowboy boots is soooooo cute.

Related Posts with Thumbnails