Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Sketchy Wednesday...

it's Wednesday already and that means the sketch challenge over at SCS:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234290
another versatile one...I think I will be back with more tomorrow...but here are two from today...for now!
First is an Easter card - do you think I like these swirls and flowers?!! (LOL) You bet I do...I was trying to keep myself from using them (because I use them so much) and because I have a bunch of other images from DRS that I would like to share with you, but I just couldn't stop myself. This sketch screamed for this combo...

I stamped the pink and green in chalk ink and added some dazzling diamonds on the edges...the flowers on the long panel are all popped and have stardust pen in the centers. The "chocolate" panel has the large flower popped and the smaller one is on the panel itself. I used one of the DRS plaid stamps horizontally and vertically in certainly celery ink. I added a jewel to the center of the large flower...and although it was hard, I didn't pierce anything!!! I used my SU! slit punch for the ticket corners.

Next is a spring card...I saw a similar color combo the other day so I thought I would give it a try. I used the wider of my DRS plaid stamps on this one and used one of the card edger stamps for the inside flowers...

The lower 3/4 of the turquoise panel is embossed with my flower cuttlebug folder...I did some faux stitching with my white gel pen at the top. I used my slit punch on the corners of this long panel as well. I also corner rounded the bottom of the card and the top panel...just for something different! I used my scallop punch and pierced along the perimeter...added some silk flowers with a large brad in the center. I used some ribbon scraps for "leaves"! I added some jewels to finish it off. It looks better in real life because then you can see the embossing so much better.

Check back tomorrow...it's on my to do list to post a giveaway! Keep your fingers and toes crossed!! Hmnnnn....what do I have in my bag of tricks that I can pull out this time??? You'll see!

See you soon...

4 comments:

Jackie said...

Those are great! I especially like the pink and green one but that's just because I am so into those colors right now, but those flowers are just too cute!

Allison Rankin said...

Great looking cards...love the second one!

Jennifer said...

Wonderful cards. They are both great, but I absolutely LOVE the first one. The colors are beautiful, and I love everything about it!

VMS and ScrapbookingOasis said...

Gorgeous cards

Related Posts with Thumbnails