Thursday, March 15, 2007

Ways to use it...

(Note: if you were one of the five (now four b/c I heard from Diane) who tried to guess my b-ball nickname, please send me an email with your address so I can send a goodie out to you...you can see the full story on the post prior to this one...)


today on SCS was the Ways to use it challenge - http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232736 was to use die cuts - goodness knows I have plenty of those...two cabinets full of Sizzix dies...of course I only had time for one card today!!! I could venture on to say that I found "ways to use" some new stuff today!!



I incorporated yesterdays sketch with my die cut - the balloon on the bottom. It was my first time using that die (Ellison), first time using my brayer, first time using this birthday sentiment stamp in its entirety and first time using the "postage" stamp...I also found a "different" way to use it other than it's intended use! Sounds like I accomplished alot! or did I?!

As you can see I used my brayer with my celebration spectrum pad, I used my DRS dotted background stamp on the purple middle. I marked as far up as I could on the postage stamp without coloring half balloons, stamped it and colored it with markers to match the spectrum pad. I added some Stardust pen to the "shiny" parts of the balloons. I stamped the sentiment on that stamp again, cut out and mounted it over the ribbon with pop dots. In keeping with the sketch, I just had to add the candles! I adhered some vellum behind the shiny on the die cut and outlined that with my stardust pen too. I did some faux stitching around the outside of the card and pierced and highlighted the holes with my white gel pen as well. I doodled around the focal point...it's busy but it's growing on me!!

Looks like we are going to get 6in of snow or more tonight, tomorrow and Saturday - ugh!! It was in the 60's yesterday...how does that happen?! Here's hoping we don't have a snow day, but if we do, that everyone gets along...and I can make some cards, etc!!! ;-)

See you soon...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails