Thursday, March 29, 2007

What are they???

"They" are Webkinz!!!! They are the stuffed animals that have a hold on most kids these days!!! You buy them and inside their tag is a secret code that you use to "adopt" them on a special website...www.webkinz.com


They are cute, no doubt, but they are the reason that I can't always get on my computer!!! Not just my kids, but all kids for the most part, are addicted to these cute, furry, squishy animals! My kids only have a handful but some of their friends have upwards of at least 20!!!!! They bring to mind the Beanie Baby craze of several years ago! The difference of course is that you can go online with these and they actually play with these as opposed to the beanies that just sat on the shelf!

I know from first hand experience that the website is a blast and it is addictive! DH and the girls bought me my very own for Valentines Day! I am the proud owner of a golden retriever that I named Puddles! After adopting your animal you can log onto the site and take care of it. You take care of it buy buying it rooms for its house, feeding it, taking it to the clinic when it's sick, etc... You earn "kinzcash" by playing games and this is the money you use to buy it food, clothes, toys, etc... It may sound strange but if you actually visit the site you will be amazed at how advanced it is. There is an educational aspect to an extent...the "kids" playing have to play games to earn money...regular video type games, trivia/learning type games, etc...when they spend too much money, they have to earn more...the possibilities with this are endless. The thing I really like about it is you can't communicate directly with anyone...no live chats, although apparently they are coming up with something similar to this in the very near future...we'll see what happens!

So, since several of you had questions about this latest fad and were probably wondering why one earth it would make dd#2 so upset because she couldn't get one (see previous post), I figured it would be easier to answer it in a post and to give you a picture of them!! We never have to wonder what to get someone for their birthdays now!!! The regular size ones are approx $10-12 depending on where you are and the smaller versions (not much difference) are $7-8...

By the way...since we have quite a few now, the girls need to "earn" any additional ones...doing chores, being good (that can be a tough one!), etc...I highly recommend at least one...where it takes you from there...I am not responsible!!!!

Back to my baby project...see you soon...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails