Monday, March 26, 2007

Wowie Wow Wow - you sure like candy!!!!

Candy of all kinds apparently!!!! The edible and non-edible kind!! I have to say that the most popular candy appeared to be the Cadbury Eggs!! This is the most comments I have had to date...it was so exciting!! Thanks so much to everyone for participating. I will be doing another one again soon, so stay tuned!!!
Moving right along...the winner is......
Karen H. - Karen said: "I am addicted to thos Robins Eggs in the little milk cartons. Ummmm umm good. Thanks for the giveaway."

So, Karen H., send me an email (link on the right) with your snail mail address and I will get this goody package right out to you!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And now, back to regular business!!!! I didn't post for a few days so sit back and relax...

Now, where did I leave off?

Thursday: The Ways to use it Challenge was to use glossy paper...http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234620
I rarely use glossy paper so this was a good one for me. I don't have real glossy paper, I have photo paper so I made due!

I chose to do a versamark resist technique on this one...I stamped my image on the glossy paper with versamark and then ran my brayer over it...the image is not as pronounced as I would have liked...I guess I didn't let the versamark dry long enough...you can see it better in real life...
All images are by DRS Designs - link on the right!
I staggered my scallop punches to frame the entire image and colored in with "watercolors" using the tops of my ink pads and my watercolor brush and water.
Friday: The limited supply challenge was to make neutral baby cards...http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234820
For this first one I chose to go with the Monday challenge of using browns and creams...this is a bear from DRS that I have used before...this time I inked him with my marker and omitted his bandages! I think I should have given him a bow...but he's done now!!

I used the sketch from the week as well. I cuttlebugged my vanilla piece and then rubbed over the top with my close to cocoa pad. I stamped just the congratulations from one of my DRS baby sentiments and punched it out with my SU! word window punch.
This next one is neutral but is being sent to a family member that just had a baby boy! The bear is from Stampcraft- Walmart...he's so cute!! I used some pp from a Provo Craft kids slab...I really don't use my pp enough and feel like I need to start!!! Or at least stop buying it until I start and actually start to run out - egads...run out??? How could those words come out of me?!!!

After stamping the bear, I masked him and then sponged blue and green for a "scene"!The sentiment is a Michaels $1 stamps. I added dots with my Stardust pen and some pastel brads...the main image is popped.
Saturday: I decided to play around with my DRS Happy Easter sign holding bunny...that's a mouthful!
Here he is:

For this one I stamped just the sentiment part on pink and cut it out...I popped it and outlined the letters with my Stardust pen...I water colored the bunny itself and colored his bow tie with my Stardust pen...added some piercing and primas...the ribbon is from Michaels $1 section...
I titled him flashy bunny on SCS because of the stardust pen on his letters and tie but from some of the comments and a second look I think some thought that I meant "he" was a flasher?!

He is cute though, don't you think?!!!

After cruising through the gallery I saw a card post by mybearybest that used a background similar to this one...only she used a fish as her main image and a varied blue background...the only spectrum pad I have, that works, is the SU! celebration spectrum so that is what I used.


I stamped my stained glass stamp in versamark and then heat embossed with clear powder...I used my brayer and then cut the piece into strips and flip flopped them for the background. I doodled around the perimeter with my white gel pen. The bunny is mounted on a piece that was embossed with the swirl folder...I did the same technique for the sentiment as the background...I masked the top and bottom of the bunny while I did this. I used my slit punch to make ticket corners and added some jewels...I like it...not sure about anyone else though...I think dh thought it was a little weird but hey, I felt like doing things a little bit outside the box on Saturday! ;-)

Sunday: In addition to scrapbooking...(I really need to post a spread or two...I am really enjoying working on my Heritage book and will share some pages in the near future...)I made a simple note card/gift card set with two of my new favorite stamps from DRS.

I used watercolor paper and stamped the images in black Stazon, then water colored them from the lids of my ink pads...I tore the edges and added some organdy ribbon from Michaels...the image by the sentiment is actually on a stamp with three other images... great for corners, frames, etc....check it out!

Monday (today): The technique challenge was emerging color:http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235606

What a fun technique!!


I stamped my large paisley in certainly celery and then stamped my butterfly in versamark, embossed it with clear powder. Then I used my brayer over everything inked in orchid opulence. After that, I stamped my small paisley in chocolate chip. I stamped my sentiment in copper craft ink and embossed with clear powder. I added some primas and jewels and pierced a swirl just over the sentiment. I used just the tip of my swirl/flourish stamp in chocolate chip ink. The sentiment is popped. I also used my slit punch in two corners and added some copper/bronze brads. I was pretty pleased with my first try at this challenge...the hardest part was deciding on the color combo...this might/should be great with tomorrows color challenge...whatever that may be!!

Well, I think that brings us up to date for now!!! Oh, a quick shopping/Target update! I went to mine today and the scrapbook aisle has been revamped a little...they have some new sizzlits and are now carrying the Sizzix sidekick as opposed to the Ellison version...they also had...hold onto your chair......Autumn Leaves clear stamps...Rhonna Farrer version....swirls and flower and an alphabet!!!! They have some new flocked paper and I think...I was running late, some polka dotted paper...they had a new supply of Primas...and some new punches...fun, fun, fun!!!

I hope you made it this far!!! Thanks for visiting...see you soon!

1 comment:

Allison Rankin said...

Some cute cards...I really like the simple ones!

Related Posts with Thumbnails