Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Colorful Tuesday...

It's Tuesday and that means the color challenge over at SCS...today was...cool caribbean, cranberry crisp, more mustard and an optional old olive (the site is down and I can't provide a link - sorry!)
The only SU! color I had was Cranberry Crisp so I had to improvise with the closest non SU! matches I had...I think I came pretty darn close!! I used the technique from yesterday's challenge for the background...The background are the new clear $1 stamps from Michaels as well as the party hat the turtle is wearing and the cupcake he is holding. The turtle is by Inky Antics.

For the upper portion of the card, I stamped the hats and cupcakes first, then stamped the stars in versamark and heat embossed with clear powder...then I went over with my brayer inked in tempting turquoise...to me that is a closer match than bliss/bashful blue. I used my birthday embossing folder for the main panel and my giga scallop punch for the turtle piece. My CM circle cutter cut the cranberry mat. I stamped the hat on the scallop first, made a mask and then stamped the turtle. He was inked with a marker to omit his flowers...I then stamped him and then the cupcake. I sponged around the perimeter with turquoise. I used my 1/8in punch to punch all the tiny holes...I had some ribbon that was a perfect match to mustard and attached that with a large brad...the olive scalloped piece was made using the SU! slit punch. To finish it out I added some faux stitching with my white gel pen and highlighted the inside of the stars, cupcake sprinkles and wrapper with my stardust pen.

I hope your week is off to a good start...I have a baby project I would like to try out tomorrow in addition to the sketch challenge...I hope the baby project will be presentable enough to post! Sometimes the ideas in your head don't always translate to the actual project...know what I mean? We shall see! I also have to get busy on classroom Easter treats...I can't believe its only a little over a week away! I saw a great idea on SCS, of course!!! I have the candies and the stamp I want to use...I'm almost there!!! ;-)

See you soon..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey this is quite nice....and looks great too...thanks for sharing this with us...and well as Easter is round the corner also visit my blog on Easter Wishes sometime and check out all that i've posted there!!!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card! I love the 3-D butterfly and the colors.

Related Posts with Thumbnails