Saturday, April 21, 2007

Invites!

DD#2 will be celebrating her First Communion in a couple of weeks so I figured it was time to get in gear and get some invitations made up!We're just inviting family so I decided to keep it simple...especially since the "family" isn't big on the craft/stamping thing...I didn't want to go to too much trouble! I'm sure some of you know what I mean! I also decided that I wanted a non-religious style invite...I'm on the DRS Designs design team and they have an AWESOME chalice stamp (you can see it in a previous post) but I just couldn't bring myself to use it for our occasion...we do our best but we're just not big into the religious thing right now...since this is primarily a "stamp/scrap/craft" site...I won't go into the details on that!
For my invite, I basically just cut my pink into quarters and stamped those quarters with SU! linen in positively pink. I printed my info from the computer onto white, trimmed it down to size and then stamped my scene using my papertrey stamps (in positively pink, summer sun and certainly celery) and then trimmed the bottom with my scallop blade. I trimmed certainly celery just a tad bigger and then punched my double holes at the top and added some ribbon. Short and sweet!! Oh, the leaves are from my Provo Craft stamp set...my papertrey stems looked naked and these were the perfect fit! The butterfly is from a Michaels $1 acrylic set...I guess I only found the first batch...I really like all the sets I found and hope to start using them more in the future...I checked my Mikes this week for batch #3...no dice! Did I miss them or are they stuck behind all the Martha merchandise in the backroom somewhere? Hmnnn, I wonder!

I included the envelope in my photo to show what else you can do with the cuttlebug mini embossing folders...it's a perfect fit for the back envelope flap!

Well, I'm slowly but surely making it through my "to do" list...next up will be some blog candy and a tutorial! Stay tuned!!

See you soon...Happy Spring!

1 comment:

Joan said...

These invitations are beautiful. Great job!

Related Posts with Thumbnails