Thursday, April 26, 2007

It's Thursday already?!

I can't believe how fast this week is flying by...I haven't done anything different than any other week but it's just zipping on by! Today was the ways to use it challenge over on SCS...http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243549 to use Orchid Opulence...
I have the ink but not the paper so I used what I had, that was close...

The long image is another new image by DRS Designs...the larger butterfly you've seen before! I stamped the long image on water color paper and colored it...matted it several times and then mounted it onto some patterned paper. My original intention was to put the sentiment where the butterfly is but it was too big! So I stamped the butterfly on vellum and on my Orchid, cut them both out and then attached them by running my ribbon through them. The ribbon is hard to see but it is a pale purple organdy. This card also incorporates the sketch for the week.

Another sketch card...


The way I see it, this chalice can be used for Communion or Confirmation which I why I did it in black and white...a more mature look for it...don't you think? I embossed it with silver ep...the silver slide is a cuttlebug die, the black circle is just a regular circle punch. I stamped just the sentiment from another DRS stamp, punched it out with my word window (SU!), punched each side with my double hole punch and ran the cord through it. Pierced around the outside for good measure!! My intention when I started these was to make one in gold as well but I just ran out of time for tonight...

I knew the end of the school year was coming...but boy is it coming quick! Things are already starting to end which means I need to get some gifts and cards to go with those gifts done. I'll be busy! My plan is to make a gift card holder before Sunday so stay tuned! I know there are other things but of course they escape me right now...when it's a day away from needing them...then I'll think of them!!! ;-) Better late than never right??!!!

Know any friends that might be interested in some "grad candy"? Be sure to tell them to stop by...

See you soon...

1 comment:

Allison Rankin said...

Your orchid opulence card is a terrific-looking creation!

Related Posts with Thumbnails