Friday, April 27, 2007

On a roll!

I guess I was on a roll today...either that or just not enough other stuff to do!!! It has been such a dreary day here...no sun...lots of rain! I made three cards!

First one is for today's limited supply challenge...http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243819 to make masculine cards from stamps that aren't so manly...
This is a gift card holder for dd's CCD teacher...a man...I didn't use a template just judged the folds by eyeing it!! Real scientific!! I adhered a piece of patterned paper...the flower cross is from Amuse...I colored the cross in with my stardust pen. In order to do the stitching, I first pierced the card with my paper piercer and then stitched. The card is much nicer looking in person...it is so dark here today that everything looks drained of color! The closure thingys...not sure what to call them are just two sizes of circle punches with brads in the centers that are attached to the card. I knotted the floss on the bottom one and then just wrapped it around both. Very simple!
Next up is a communion card - in gold!!!! I did it!!! I stamped/embossed it in gold instead of silver!!

I stamped the background with the DRS Designs butterfly...dd's communion "theme" is butterflies so I figured it would be an appropriate image to include on this card. It's a pretty straight forward card as you can see...the brad in the photo corner is a teeny tiny one...I have no idea where I found them...I don't think I've come across them again though...it's hard to see but I colored the cross on the chalice with pretty in pink ink as well.

Last but not least is another b-day card using the word search...

I used a sketch that AmyR (her blog link is on the right) has used recently - very fun!! The word search is a little big for this idea in general, but I was able to make it work - don'tcha think?! I used a scrap of patterned paper on one side and my dot embossing folder on the other...I used scraps to attach the pencil (I found a bunch more in the garage!!) and the candle.

So there you have it...that was my day!!! We're off to a Girl Scout show for Thinking Day...both dd's are in it, one representing Japan and the other Romania...

If you haven't left a comment to be eligible for the grad candy...be sure to do so, time is running out!!!

See you soon...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my goodness!!! These are really neat, fun ideas! I just popped in here randomly, and so glad I did, or I would have missed out! You are indeed on a fabby roll, girl! Roll on!!! Thank you for sharing these charming ideas! I enjoyed my visit tonight!

dawnmercedes said...

neat idea!

Vera Matson said...

Very cute idea!

Related Posts with Thumbnails