Thursday, April 5, 2007

Using it Thursday...

Today's ways to use it challenge on SCS:

was to use a never used or neglected set...I chose a never used set and one that I am avoiding because I can't make it look the way I want it to!

The never used set is my new scribbles alpha by Autumn Leaves/Rhonna Farrer that I found at Target last week. I don't use alot of alphas but of course I had to have the set!!! I thought this would be a great time to use it, not only for the challenge, but because I need to make a going away gift. DD#1's friend (they are 10) is relocating with her family to Spain next month for a 2-3 year (hope that is all!) assignment for her dad's job. I thought it might be nice to send her off with some note cards so she can write to her friends back in the States. I couldn't decide which set I liked best so I made both! I plan to make an address book, journal, etc... so stay tuned!
For the "j" card, I embossed some Bazzil paper in my flower embossing folder and stamped just the flat circles with my papertrey flowers (the portion of that set that I seem to be having a hard time with) Everyone has been doing great but simple things with them...I feel like when I do simple with them there is something lacking!! The focal point is popped on leftover stamp rubber. I added a prima and brad to match!
The other card was inspired by a card that Genie1314 posted the other day on SCS...the placement of the flowers is what I took from her card and it seems to work...I'm happy with the outcome! I love the flexibility of the word stamps in the papertrey set...for this one friend was plural so I just inked up the singular and was good to go!!
The cards are done in turquoise because according to dd that is "J's" favorite color! DD loves them...I hope the recipient will too.
Well, the kids are off tomorrow and we'll be getting ready for Easter (which we will be hosting...)...I'm hoping to slip a little stamping in...if I do, I'll be back...if not, I wish you all a happy holiday weekend. Don't eat too much candy!!!
See you soon...

2 comments:

Melissa said...

These are extremely sweet!

Unknown said...

I love these! SO well done.

Related Posts with Thumbnails