Friday, April 6, 2007

Fun Friday!

Well, the kids were off today so in between activities I was able to squeeze in a challenge card and just for fun card!
Friday is the limited supplies challenge over on SCS:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238416

so you can see my three stamps...first I markered the pot, stamped it, then made a mask and then markered just the flowers and stems and stamped them. After that I markered the pot in brown, stamped it on kraft and cut it out and then adhered to my focal piece!


My sentiment is from Joanns dollar section. I made the bottom scallop with my slit punch and the top one with my scallop scissors. The flowers are colored with markers. Since we could only use one embellishment, which meant I couldn't put jewels on my flowers, and I didn't want to add yet another color, I decided to hole punch the centers and adhere scraps of ribbon to the back...

My for fun card was an idea that popped into my head this morning so rather than write it down on a scrap and lose it, I made my idea into a card!

The baby head is a sizzix sizzlit and the rest are just scraps that I punched out with my square punches! I added some buttons, ribbon and jewels. No stamping! I pierced the top and bottom. The card itself is Bazzil textured paper as well as some of the scraps.

Thanks for stopping in...we're off for some pizza, yea no cooking!!!!! I'll be spending tomorrow cleaning and baking so I better enjoy it!!! Maybe I can sneak some scrap time in, we'll see!

Happy Easter - see you soon...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great card! I love how you've used scraps and the layout is just sensational. I wish I had as nice scraps to make a card like this :D

StampingontheLakefront said...

Cute cards Kathy! It's amazing how you can put something together so quickly (during spare moments). Thanks for sharing.


grace

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

Beautiful work!!

Have a nice day!

Bety :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails