Tuesday, May 15, 2007

A Challenging Color Challenge...

Well, today's color challenge was a toughie...for me anyway!! You can find it here:

My first card is a simple one for DH...we are celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary tomorrow and I needed a card! I used rose red to color the flowers, green for the leaves and sponged apricot in the square...the large frame is by Great Impressions...the turquoise is the snipet of ribbon at the top! Close enough to the challenge, right?! The flowers also have dazzling diamonds on them. The sentiment is a Joanns $1 stamp.


Each of the scallops has a dot made with my stardust pen inside it.

For my next card I decided to actually the color in paper instead of just ink! At first I wasn't sure about it but after not looking at it for a while, I guess it's not too bad! Just not a combo I would choose on my own!


The sentiment and rose are by DRS Designs...link on the right. The rose is stamped on the red in red and the focal point rose was stamped on off white, water colored and cut out. The tab at the top is my word window punch folded over. I faux stitched around the entire outside of the card.

I'm still intrigued by the combo and might try it with tomorrow sketch challenge but in a different balance of color.

I also did a sample recipe scrapbook page for dd's troop leader who has asked me to put a book together for her neighbor that is moving...here is a quick "mock up" to give her an idea of what I had in mind...Simple, but each page will be geared toward the actual recipe...what do you think? What do you think I should charge her??? Might be a fun project...

Speaking of projects...if you are a SCS member did you check out the Fan Club Gallery today? Wowwie!!!!!!! Unbelievable! Each project is amazing...if you are not a fan club member, you should be...you are really missing out if you don't check out that gallery! Talk about a dream come true to be chosen to be part of the Dirty Dozen team...I can dream, right?????!!!!!!

See you soon...


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails