Monday, May 7, 2007

I am still alive!!!

I'm here, I'm here!! Whew, what a busy few days! Spring is here which means yard work, soccer games, getting ready for communion and end of the year!! It's not like I didn't know there were coming but boy, every year they come with a bang! So...here is what I accomplished this weekend in the craft arena...

Mothers Day is Sunday...don't forget ;-) I almost did since dd's communion is the day before...not sure what we are doing yet but my gifts are done!!! I feel safe posting these here since no one in my family reads my blog anyway...

Here is one of the cards that will accompany the gifts...they are all the same..


The card is made up of scraps from the boxes below...the paper is from Target...I used my SU! slit punch for the scallops....The sentiment is by DRS Designs...the flourish is by Autumn Leaves...I found the cool prima at Target too...All the flowers in the bottle have color on the edges...blue, pink, yellow and green. I pierced the top of the card and one corner and highlighted areas of the flourish with my stardust pen. Simple!!


And...the boxes...they each have a small stained glass flower inside with a charm on it that says You're Special...one is for my mom, one for my mother in law and one for dh's grandmother. Everyone has everything they could possibly want/need and they are not into spa treatments, etc...so I figured these would be nice...



Again, they are made from paper from Target...I found the template for the boxes in the Fan Club over as SCS...sorry, can't share it but if you are a member you can go to the fan club forum and it is under the curved top or rounded top box thread. I popped the scallop punches and stamped on them with the same flourish as the card in white craft ink...the same stamp is used in celery on the boxes...the bottom paper is flocked. The flowers are punched from scraps of the same paper and I adhered jewels to the centers. Again, very quick and easy!


Today was the technique challenge over on SCS:http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246961

End of school year gifts...since this week is Teacher Appreciation week here I was all set!! I posted my pail for the teacher last week so for the challenge I took a close up of the note cards that I included inside...



The cards are from the Dollar Spot - they came in a set of 8 for each design...I stamped the flower from DRS Designs on one of each of the designs, cut them out and adhered them to the contrasting cards...I used my circle punch and my scallop punch. I adhered a jewel, of course, in the center of each flower. The sentiment is part of my Papertray set. Each teacher gets three cards, one of each design.

Sorry I was MIA for a few days...life happens!

See you soon....

1 comment:

Shanismom said...

all the cards and stuff that you made are beautiful.

Related Posts with Thumbnails