Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Martha, Martha, Martha....

In my best Jan Brady voice of course!!!!!!

Ok, so I stopped at Michaels the other night and had to check out the new line...I hadn't planned on buying anything from the other posts I had read but....I did! Am I happy I did??? Well....

I like the punch...a starburst punch...made by EK Success so you know it will work well and it does. I thought it was different and looks kind of like a seal...or something you could use to make a fancy seal for an envelope, etc...

If you came to me via SCS you probably noticed that there are several other stamps used on this card...the stamps in question/review of course are the Starburst clear alpha stamps. I have better ones I will say that!! I also bought those better ones at Walmart!!! These were $10 so not a huge loss and after some work, they might do!! First of all the letters are not die cut so if you press too hard or lean just a little you will get the outline of the square...some trimming will be taking place in my future! Also, if you press too hard, to make sure you get that good impression...the starbursts in the letters get all smooshy...making for a smooshy imprint. Not happy about that at all!!!

Some of the items I saw were nice...there were a whole punch of punches...nothing drastically new that we've never seen before. There were alot of rolls and high-end looking stuff...in my opinion, stuff like that just doesn't "go" with Michaels...it should be in a store with hard wood floors and curtains on the window...a "Martha" store!

The 18 x 18 scrapbook paper is a little ridiculous...you can imagine the size, but until you see it...yikes! is it huge! I wonder if they even have bags big enough for it! I had to laugh when we were standing by the markers (right next to the HUGE paper)...(of course dd didn't know about the white glove treatment, etc)...dd (age 7) pulls out a marker and rather than draw on the pristine roll of white paper next to her, she scribbles on the front of the display (like she has seen in all the other marker sections)...she claims she didn't see the paper...I think she was just getting back at Martha!!!! And yes, I did tell her that we don't do that even though every other marker set up is markered up everywhere else!! Get used to it Martha...nothing stays perfect!!!!!!

I really wasn't drawn to the patterned paper either...nothing really screamed out to me...so, unless things change and they get something new in, lower prices, etc...I've had my fill of Martha merchandise.

I plan to be back later...off to clean up my workshop...I knocked something over in the clutter this morning and yelled so dh felt the need to do his monthly check of my workshop...as I said, I'm off to clean up!!! As he left he mumbled something about a camera and the kids and me yelling at them to pick up their rooms...but I'm being productive in my room...my clutter is productive clutter, theirs is just lazy clutter....right?! ;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I totally disagree with you about Martha's items. I was so blown away. I thought they were gorgeous and we in Oklahoma City have not seen any punches like hers. I really liked her ribbons and thought the idea of one side of the roll being flat was genius. I also bought the same alphabet set you mentioned. It stamped OK for me, but what I don't like is the way it is mounted on the plastic - too hard to peel off. That definitely could be improved. But I loved everything else. Bought the two sets of bird stamps and they stamp beautifully.

Biker Betty said...

They were still setting up the Martha section of our Michael's the last time I was in there. I will have to go back soon and check it out.

My husband and I have pretty much made an unsaid agreement. I don't comment about his garage space and he doesn't comment about my craft creation areas, lol.

Related Posts with Thumbnails