Monday, April 30, 2007

Cards Galore!

It's that time of year when things start to wind down...I knew that...am I prepared? Not really!! My to do list is a mile long and it seems like everything has snuck up on me!! I spent some time this weekend working on some designs and getting some necessary cards done!
First the general designs... This first one for Mom's Day has two new DRS Designs sentiments...the rose you may remember from other cards I have posted. I inked the rose with markers, stamped it off on my scratch pad and then stamped it on my cardstock. I stamped the sentiment over the rose. I decided to keep this one simple to showcase the stamps...the focal point is pierced a little on each side. I had to had jewels in honor of Mom's Day!!

I really like this next one...the focal point is another new image...DRS Designs has a stamp for every month...be sure to check them out...great for birthdays...or "just because". Their link is on the right. I really like the look of kraft paper and with these blues I think it looks really cool.

I stamped the image on watercolor paper and colored it in...pierced and faux stitched. I also ran my scissors along the mats to rough them up. The piece on the side is a strip that is adhered with the brads and roughed up as well. It is stamped with one side of a card edger stamp. I decided to soften the look of the kraft by rubbing my white brilliance pad along the edges.

And now for the necessary cards! Two of my good friends have birthdays this week! Here are their cards...this one I incorporated with the new Sunday challenge over on SCS - the featured stamper challenge...http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244325

I just rec'd this stamp from Stamping Bella last week...very simple but fun to work with. The focal point is faux stitched around the inside.

And the other...this is an old sketch from SCS...thought I would give it whirl...again! I stamped the side with print pattern and canvas and then highlighted it with my white gel pen. My intention was to only do one side of each diamond but I got carried away! The flowers are stamped and then I stamped them again on scrap, cut them out, ran them through my Xyron and adhered dazzling diamonds.

If you're not familiar with the sketch, the card opens at the scallop so only half the inside is is covered by the flap.

And last, but not least...a thank you for a local tree lady! Each year a woman in town donates seedlings to the school kids...upon agreement that they will take car of them of course. This is our thank you card for her.

I made good use of my sizzix today!! I made a cloud masked...sponged around it, highlighted the outline with my stardust pen and then stamped thank you inside...the girls will sign it and we're good to go!!!

Whew...are you still here? Off to make dinner...things are really starting to pop here as far as spring and buds, etc...and so are my allergies! At least that's what I hope is causing me to feel like I'm in a fog!!

I hope your week is off to a good start! I went to Mikes yesterday to check out the Martha stuff...I'll be posting a review tomorrow - I ran out of time today!!!

See you soon...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails