Thursday, May 10, 2007

Something different!

Finally, I have something other than a card to show you....I have a card too but first the "others"!
DD#1 has been invited to a sleep over Friday night and here are her gifts...
An altered letter "J" for Jenna...I've had this letter kicking around for quite while since dd's name begins with J...

I was too busy to run to Michaels this week for a bigger letter and for some reason Target does not stock J's...not sure why...I believe quite a few names start with this letter but oh, well. At least this is one less thing in my closet! I found it at Walmart a while back...the paper is from the kids slab by Provo Craft also from a while ago! I applied mod podge to the letter itself, after tracing the outline of the letter on the back of the paper. I cut out the letter on my trace lines, stuck it to the mod podged letter, trimmed and let it dry. Then I embellished it with K & Co. letter stickers I found at my local $1 store, some ribbon, a "friend" charm from OTC and some primas and jewels! It's simple, but I'm pleased with it.

Next is her "real" gift...and my submission for today's ways to use it challenge on SCS, to use coasters...http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247908


The pink base is also from the kids slab and is adhered to a coaster...the gift card holder is a metal one found at Walmart...also quite a while ago! It slides open...and the gift card is inside. It came with the polka dot design...I added the dress up bugz by CC Designs (http://www.allthatscraps.com/) and the ribbon. The sentiment and her name (on the bottom) are stamped with 1/4' casual snap stamps. I haven't used those in forever it seems! I'm not sure what she'll do with it after she uses the gift card but I thought it would be a neat way to present it to her!

And finally a card...I decided to make one that wasn't challenge related...I was inspired by a sketch I saw in a magazine last night....before I dozed off!!!


All images are by DRS Designs.. (www.drsdesigns.com).

The flowers are a cuttlebug die...I added a white eyelet to each center and dots around each eyelet with my white gel pen. The "ribbon" strips are made using the plaid stamp and my markers. I brushed around the outside of the card with my white brilliance pad to soften the edges and added a photo corner...also dotted with my white gel pen.

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit...see you soon...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails