Wednesday, May 9, 2007

What a day!

It was just one of those days...nothing really bad happened, just trying to cram too much in I guess! The anxiety of dd's upcoming first communion/celebration with almost 20 family members must be setting in!! I was able to squeak out two cards however...

another for yesterdays color challenge...I told you I had a summer card in my head!


All images on this card are by DRS Designs...I stamped their large plaid on the bottom half and used my two way glue pen to adhere dazzling diamond in between some of the stripes...the focal point is mounted with the top hanging over the top of the card - I cut the card down so it will still fit in a regular envie. The flip flops are colored using my watercolor brush, water and the top of my ink pads. I adhered jewels to the "thong" part and on the black strip. I drew a single line frame around the focal point with my black marker. I'd smile if I had flip flops that looked like that!!

This one was intended for today's sketch challenge...http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247525

I know its a stretch on the sketch...and I'm debating whether to post it to the challenge or not...in my thinking...if you cut the large panel in half, it would be the sketch exactly...I just left it whole! Am I reaching?!

I love participating in the sketch challenge...and I've been dying to try out more of these bugz that I ordered!! My original idea, which was closer to the sketch wouldn't work, and this is the outcome! Pretty straight forward...I paper pieced the umbrella on both panels. The background dots and sentiment are DRS Designs, www.drsdesigns.com. The bug is CC Designs, found at www.allthatscraps.com I colored in the bug and her boots with markers.

Hope your week is going well...we're half way to the weekend!!! Oops, I just realized I forgot to put the clothes in the dryer...from this morning! Ugh, hate it when I do that!

Fun News!! I submitted for and was accepted as a "reviewer" for Rubber Stamping Fun...link on the right...so be on the lookout for some reviews and cool new designs in the future!

See you soon...

2 comments:

Soguesswhat11 said...

how stinkin' cute is that?! I love this!!

Dina Kowal Creative said...

How cute are those flip flops?! I live in the land where flip flops are standard wear - those ones are so great!

I'm your newest subscriber via bloglines...did a little blog hopping this morning to find some other 'rubber reviewers' on the Rubber Stamping Fun team. I love what you're doing with the DRS stamps. I'll be back!

Dina
dini from SCS
http://mamadinis.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails