Thursday, May 24, 2007

Triple Shot Thursday!

Yup, got 3 done today!!! Yahoo!!! Two are for today's ways to use it challenge - using yo yo yellow! Found here: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=251696
and one just because!

For the challenge...and using this color can be a challenge!!
All images are by DRS Designs, www.drsdesigns.com

A get well card...I stamped the trailing flowers in close to cocoa and the sentiment in chocolate chip. I markered and stamped one flower on each end of the oval scallop...it is just an oval punch sandwiched between the kraft and blue layers. I added some flower centers with my white gel pen and paper pierced and faux stitched around the outside...stopping just before the flowers. The oval is pierced and the holes are outlined with my white gel pen as well.

Next is a retirement card! Aren't these flip flops fun?! I stamped the same flowers on the background as the first card, this time in bliss blue. I colored the flip flops with my markers. The tag is a circle punch mounted on a cuttlebug scallop circle.

I ran some twill tape around the blue layer and tied it through the hole I punched in the tag. I had to add some jewels for good measure!!! I also used my slit punch to make the ticket corners.

And next...

I actually really like how this turned out...it was a little rocky at first, things just weren't working and then eventually it all came together. I stamped the flourish one way, and then the other, not inking up the entire stamp (it is a nice big flourish but I didn't want the ends sticking out where they shouldn't be!) I again used my slit punch for the corners...added a circle scallop (I guess I was on a scallop kick today!) and adhered it all to the center of the card so you could actually see the jewels. I added a prima flower with a jewel at the top and pierced the corners. Oops almost forgot, I stamped a dove in the center of the sentiment in Almost Amethyst...it was just the right finishing touch for that panel.

Are you looking forward to the long weekend?! Looks like nice weather here in the Northeast...I can't believe it is the start of summer already!! I have promised myself that I will play with my new toys from Mothers Day...some Amuse stamps, a clear set by Inkadinkadoo...during my down time this weekend!!! Will I keep my promise?? We shall see!!!

See you soon...

3 comments:

Jenny Mick said...

I recently found your blog! It's wonderful!! The cards you made today were all beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing your work!!

Melissa said...

I love those flip-flops!!

Scrappyant said...

This is such a beautiful card.

Related Posts with Thumbnails