Wednesday, May 23, 2007

WOW!!

I made 4 cards today!! I worked too, but shhhh we won't talk about that!!! Anywho...three are for today's sketch challenge...I told you I like that one!!! This was a great sketch too - awesome for those simple cards we need to make from time to time! You can find it here:http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=251360

And here are my cards:

This is combined with this weeks color challenge...All images are by DRS Designs, www.drsdesigns.com
I stamped the focal point on white with black craft and heat embossed with clear powder...my new SU! craft pad is soooo juicy and it embosses awesomely!!! (It that a word?!) The focal image is raised on leftover stamp rubber and colored with markers. I stamped off the leaves background before stamping it on my olive panel...I did the same with some of the "hopes" and some I stamped straight away. I faux stitched around the outside...and added some pewter brads.


These are two simple graduation cards...the first one is very simple! I stamped the tassel, added a black brad, mounted it on my mat pieces and popped it on leftover stamp rubber.

You may remember the sentiment from some previous posts...this is the first half on the front...the remainder (is it the beginning) is stamped inside. I added some layered photo corners so it didn't look too blah!

I really like this next one...it has a little more uumph than the other. I used my embossing folder (traffic jam) for the white on white effect. The white embossed panel is cut just smaller than the white card and adhered to the card front... I stamped my tassel and added the sentiment on the side...this focal point is popped as well.

And then, just for fun while the girls were playing with friends I made this one...another using the colors for the week!


This is another of the DRS Designs Amish images...I thought it would look cool with this combo. I stamped the image in celery on celery for the background panel. I then stamped the image on white and punched it out with my circle punch...it fits nicely on the inside and leaves off the triangles on the outside. I stamped the image again on black with my white stazon (grr - its not bright enough!) and then punched it out with my scallop punch. I colored the image with markers leaving the flower white... I added a snap to the flower center and popped with leftover stamp rubber on top of the black. I punched a hole in the scallop and ran my ribbon through it and tied! A simple card, but I like it!

Ok, off to make the kids dinner (running behind) and then to figure out how to customize my blog header - that should be fun!!! I haven't forgotten about the blog candy - I am getting there...I'm kind of a tease, huh...? Sorry about that! Good things come to those who wait, right??!!

See you soon...

3 comments:

Amy said...

Great job on your cards! 4 in one day? That is fabulous. Today was my last day with students and it is almost time to have some free time to stamp!! YAY!

Vera Matson said...

This is a great card! I like the layout!

Melissa said...

I love the just because card! Terrific job!

Related Posts with Thumbnails