Saturday, May 19, 2007

Trying to catch up...

on the challenges!!! Whew! Now I know I'm addicted because when I miss a challenge I feel a little out of sorts! Unless of course I elect not to do the challenge of my own free will!!! So, after taking dd's to the mall to check out Abercrombie and Hollister (is it just me or is it too dark and too loud in those stores? I guess I must be getting old!!! Don't get me wrong, I love the clothes and I love music, dh is in a band so it's just a normal part of our lives, and I will appreciate it when dd lets me borrow them!!! but gosh, I couldn't see what colors she was getting nor could I hear what she was saying to me!!! I almost lost the little one in a pile of dark sweatshirts!!!) Anyway, back on track... here is my submission for today's inspiration challenge...

I figured I should do this one since I spend at least one day a week at Target!!!


All images are by DRS Designs, www.drsdesigns.com

I stamped my butterfly first in regular ink and then stamped my stained glass image in white craft and heat embossed it in white powder. I then colored the inside of the butterfly with a green marker (obviously I was inspired by the hooks and other stained glass items). I cut the image free hand along the lines and then adhered it to a pink piece which I also cut free hand. I added brads below to mimic the hook, added the sentiment in brown ink and some pretty ribbon that I have no idea where it came from...it's really nice too, too bad!! I stamped my plaid stamp in bliss blue on the top and added some jewels to the butterfly body.

Next I attempted the ways to use it challenge - small stamps:http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249812

All images by DRS Designs...the scallops are cuttlebug dies...I doodled the corners and colored the images with my new SU! markers!!! I can't believe I waited so long to complete my set. I added some white gel pen dots on the black circle. The leaves on the bottom are one of the DRS card edger stamps. The sentiment is popped.

I hope you're having a good weekend!

See you soon...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is my first visit to your blog and I love it!! Your layouts are fabulous!

Related Posts with Thumbnails