Thursday, June 7, 2007

Chipboard fun!

Today was the ways to use it challenge over on SCS - chipboard! I don't have alot of pre-made chipboard shapes, but I do have my handy dandy sizzix machine! Both cards I made today are using "faux" chipboard...basically some thin shirt cardboard because I felt the real chipboard might be too heavy for what I wanted to use it for. First up is a thank you for dd's teacher...the bella teacher from yesterday!



I used my sizzix school supplies die for the notepaper and pencil. The pencil is adhered to my chipboard and raised on leftover stamp rubber. Miss Bella is colored with markers using the same colors as yesterdays card. I used my date stamp to stamp the year. I doodled the lines around the outside of the red paper and stamped print pattern with versamark on the green layer. The thank you sentiment is from my Papertrey set.
As you can see I decided to get a little creative with my picture today. I really don't like taking my pics inside - I think they look better when photographed outside - but since my house is still being painted I have no choice but to do it inside. (I can only imagine what the painters thought when they first caught sight of my workshop - they must think I'm a nut!) So...I spied this large galvanized pail on my shelf this morning and decided to give it a whirl...what do you think?

Next up is a card using my DRS Designs... www.drsdesigns.com



(If you click on the photo you should be able to get a close up to see what the poem actually says!!!)
I stamped the sentiment in white craft and then heat embossed with clear powder...there is a star background stamped in red on red. My sizzix stars are cut from chipboard and silver paper and adhered together. The lower of the big stars is popped on leftover stamp rubber. I also attached two star brads to the bottom of the sentiment panel. It still looked a little plain so I faux stitched with my white gel pen around the perimeter.

Have a great afternoon...
see you soon!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

What an awesome poem Cathy! Thank you for sharing!

Michele Kovack said...

I love this poem! The teacher Bella is adorable!

Alhambra Club said...

What great cards.

Related Posts with Thumbnails