Wednesday, June 6, 2007

I did it!

I set out to complete dd's teacher notecards today and I just finished! Here she is:


As I mentioned before, dd's teacher looks like Miss Bella above...blond, wildly curly hair, thin, always has a smile on her face!!! According to dd, her desk does not look like that though...too bad!! I made 6 of these and will include envies and package them in a clear box. Now to decide if I should put something else with them...we contribute to the class gift but I always feel the need to send them in with their own gift...kwim? Well, I still have a week so hopefully I will think of something!
This was a simple card because I knew I would be making several...the sentiment is computer generated. I colored my bella in with my new SU! markers - I love those things...everyone is now raving about the Copic Markers over on SCS but they are a bit too pricey for me right now! They do produce nice, strong colors though - and that is about all I know about them! After all, it took me 5 years to complete my set of markers!!! I ticket punched three corners because I was afraid I would lop off the the beginning of from but I like the way it looks. I pierced each "cubby" and outlined with my white gel pen. My ribbon is adhered to the top of the card only with just a little snip tied on for the "bow". Did you notice I used patterned paper? I found out that her favorite color is blue and then stumbled across this paper in a 6x6 Christina Cole pack from Michaels - I used all 3 sheets and still have some scraps!!! I'm so proud of myself!!!;-)

I also completed the sketch challenge for today...
(sorry, still can't seem to get links to work!) but here is my card - you get the general idea of the sketch...right?



All images are by DRS Designs, www.drsdesigns.com. I inked the fireworks in navy and stamped on red. I highlighted all the firworks with my stardust pen. I pierced the blue layer and faux stitched with my white gel pen. Rox mentioned using a transperency for the middle panel on her sketch post and I thought that was a great idea...I stammped USA in red stazon but then realized that it didn't show up very well so I layered some vellum underneath and that did the trick! I adhered both with some star brads I found at Joanns. The USA and Home of the Free, Thanks to the Brave are all part of one stamp...I chose to stamp them separately for this particular sketch.

We're half way through the week already and a little lass than 2 1/2 weeks of school left! Yikes! Hope your week is going well...
See you soon...

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Great work on both cards! If I was the teacher, I would be thrilled with the Bella notecards - especially if the Bella looked like me!

And since I was born on the 4th of July, I have this thing about cards with fireworks! FABULOUS job!

Related Posts with Thumbnails