Monday, June 18, 2007

Coffee Anyone?

The technique challenge over on SCS today was to make quick cards (under 10 min) that you could make for good causes...to cheer someone up, etc...here is my quick card...



All images are by DRS Designs, link on the right...
I used cranberry crisp for my first layer and then kraft. The sketch was inspired by Lisa Johnson's blog - link also on the right. I stamped my cup border on a strip of kraft with timber brown stazon and then inked the edges with close to cocoa. I did the same with the mug on the scallop and used the ink on the cover of my cranberry crisp pad to color in the mug. I rubbed on some white craft ink for the steam. The oval was cut with my CM oval cutting system and the piercings were highlighted with my stardust pen. I pierced the top corners as well. The "ribbon" is twill tape I found at Joanns...I added a snip of brown gingham.

DD#2 will be celebrating her b-day in a few weeks and we finally decided on how to celebrate, this weekend! This first invite was our first, concrete, idea...taking them to a movie, pizza and then ice cream...



I used my sizzix star and Ellison thin cuts tickets...the stamp is a Michaels $1 stamp...there are 8 "lights" at the top...I'm sure I'm the only one that would get the significance of that one!!! After making this invite, DD decided she didn't want to do that kind of party! Great!! Well after more deliberation we decided to do the same party we did for DD#1 when she turned 8 - play mini-golf.
Here is the final invite!



Luckily, I still had some of the golf die cuts left over from the first party! I printed all the info on white card stock and the is on the back of the one layer card...well, it's actually two layers with the green! I stamped the green in garden green with my DRS grass stamp. I cuttlebugged my scallop circle (I didn't have a circle punch big enough) to look like a golf ball. The golf panel is popped. The sentiment is papertrey...easy peasy!!!

Gotta run, DD#1 just informed me we need a color cartridge for the printer for a report she has due tomorrow...where was this info this weekend???????????
See you soon...

2 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

These cards are great, the invites are adorable, both of them.

Julie Campbell said...

I really like your cards! The coffee card is just my style though! Love it! Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails