Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Did someone say Champagne???

Right about now I could go for a glass!!! School is not out yet but I have already heard complaints about nothing to do???? What??? They have a whole house full of stuff to do, make, read, you name it! Geesh! Well, anyway...today was the color challenge over on SCS - real red, barely banana and creamy caramel...these are my closest matches and I threw in a neutral (we can do that!) of dark brown...
I chose to use some new DRS Designs images (new to me anyway) - link on the right...and make an anniversary card. (click on the photo for a closer view)



I decided to make a scene out of this image...I stamped the image in timber brown stazon on watercolor paper...colored with markers as watercolors and sponged on the red for the blanket, green grass and blue sky. I used my white gel pen to make the plaid on the blanket...I hand drew in my hills and fence...I never said I could draw!! I pierced along the bottom and top corner around the focal point...added some brads. The ribbon was a find from my big ribbon jar of scraps...it looks like grosgrain but feels like paper! Not sure where that came from! I decided to spruce the layout up a bit with a scallop border made with my slit punch and dark brown paper.

Well, off to make dinner for the natives in the basement! Pancakes and eggs! B-fast for dinner because dh is playing softball...why not right? If it makes them happy...
See you soon...

3 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Fantastic card, the colors are great, love your card in the bucket photo,

Michele Kovack said...

This is absolutely adorable! LOVE IT!

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Lovely card!

Related Posts with Thumbnails