Friday, June 22, 2007

A productive day...

finally!! Today was the limited supplies challenge over on SCS - to use stamps we haven't used in a while...I chose this tree from DRS Designs, link on the right...
and decided to make it into a sympathy card - something I have never done with this particular stamp... (click on the photos for closer looks...)



I stamped the tree in brown craft and embossed with clear powder...my circles were cut with my creative memories cutting system. Peace is stamped in moss and I added an off white prima with a copper brad. I wrapped linen thread around the brown panel and stamped my sentiment. I also used a cotton ball to spread some brown ink around the outside of my focal point circle to soften the edges. All images are by DRS Designs.

I just can't stop myself from using this weeks sketch as you can see in the sympathy card and the cards to follow! I made two more...




All images on these cards are by DRS Designs...
This one is pretty straight forward - I stamped the ribbon on yellow with black craft ink and then embossed with clear powder - the ribbon is raised on leftover stamp rubber. I stamped my sentiment directly on the red panel - for some reason in the photo it is blurry but in real life I did stamp it cleanly!!

I love the image in this card...I have another idea brewing for this image...I hope it works! Stay tuned, I think you'll like it if it does work as planned!!



I really like this color combo...I like anything involving the color celery!! I stamped my stem on the green and my flower on the scallop punch and fit them together! The petals and leaves are colored with markers. I added a jewel for the flower center. Another simple card. I also used a cotton ball to rub some light blue ink around the outside of the scallop. I pierced along the left side and added polka dots peeking out on the right. I love the ribbon!! A great Walmart find indeed!!

Looks like a nice weekend ahead here in the Northeast...a three gig weekend for dh - here's hoping to have a productive stamping weekend for myself!!!! ;-)
See you soon...

1 comment:

Alhambra Club said...

You have been busy, these cards are great

Related Posts with Thumbnails