Thursday, June 21, 2007

Hip to be Square...

corny, I know...but today's ways to use it challenge was square cards...here is mine!



This card is 4.25 x 4.25 - still fits in a regular envie! The layout was inspired by a card in the recent Stamp It! issue but Summer Ford - her's was a grad card...
All images are by DRS Designs, link on the right. The sentiment is stamped in black craft and embossed. This is the idea I had for the flower outline (flowers from yesterdays card)...I stamped the outline and my polka dots in white craft and embossed. I added a small white prima and a metallic red brad that I've had forever and never used!! The squiggles/flourishes are actually the stems of the background stamp I used yesterday (it was stamped in red on red)...there is a flower at the end of the squiggle...I pierced the bottom and added a photo corner to balance it out.

We're almost done with school...hope things start to settle down for a little while once we get past Monday!
See you soon...

ETA: I forgot!! Last night I was able to squeeze out a little time for an extra sketch challenge card...


The idea for this one popped into my head and I ran upstairs to try it out! All images are by DRS Designs...
I stamped the bunco image in white craft and embossed with white powder...I colored the word bunco with my black marker. The dice were stamped on pink with black and then cut out...the one on top is popped! I punched a tiny hole in every other scallop and outlined the holes with my white gel pen. I added some ribbon for good measure! The background is also stamped with pretty in pink polka dots...the top edges are pierced.
Ok, now I'm up to date!!!

3 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

These cards are great and I just love that BUNCO card.

Melissa said...

That bunco card is FABULOUS!!!

Mimi Hornberger said...

Very nice! TFS!

Related Posts with Thumbnails