Friday, June 15, 2007

Summers Coming!!

Today was the limited supply challenge over on SCS - to make patriotic colored cards that are not patriotic OR patriotic cards using non traditional images - or at least that is how I read it!! So here is my non traditional patriotic card:



All images are by DRS Designs, link on the right... (you should be able to click on the photo for a closer look!)

I wanted to keep this one simple since the colors were red/white/blue and can get a little busy...plus I didn't have alot of time! I stamped my ladies and colored them with markers...I glued some sequin stars to the grass which was stamped with my grass stamp and then sponged in celery...I sponged the sky in bliss blue. The sentiment is popped...The "happy birthday" and "USA" are two different stamps. The "USA" is part of a larger stamp...I only inked what I needed for today's card and carefully colored with my markers. I added some ribbon and then some paper piercing on the side for balance.

What a week - glad its over! I'm to off to "chill" with dd's as they watch their Friday night Disney movie! Oldest dd went to NYC today to the Museum of Natural History - had a great time, got to ride on a coach bus...I would have liked to have gone (haven't been to the museum in ages) but I was denied by dd! Hmnph! Well, maybe I didn't really want to go anyway!! (secretly sad behind her back...what does she mean she doesn't want me to go...pooh!)

Soccer season ends tomorrow and I have no idea what we are doing with/for dh for Fathers Day...I am hoping to squeeze some stampin' time in though! Hope you have a great weekend!
See you soon...

3 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

What a great card, love it and your take on the challenge.

Kristine said...

Oh, I saw that one in the gallery and it's sooo awesome!! That's really thinking out of the box...LOVE the cute little ladybugs and the way you colored ém. :)

Michele Kovack said...

This is so darn cute! Love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails