Thursday, June 14, 2007

Wacky Thursday...

Sometimes I feel like its hormoneville at my house lately with an approaching 11 year old dd!!! Can anyone relate?! I made this card during a dd/dd feud and complaining session (no one likes me, I'm mad, I'm sad, she's looking at me - all this taking place within a time span of 15 minutes, mind you!!!), so if you think it's wacky, I might have to agree!!! Or maybe I just need to stop looking at it for a while...eat some dinner (some days I forget to have lunch!)...but here it is...



(click on photo for a close up view)
This is for today's ways to use it challenge on SCS - flourishes...
I was inspired by a Basic Grey ad (I hope they aren't offended!) that I saw in Scrapbooks Etc this morning...All images are by DRS Designs, follow the link on the right...
I stamped my paisley background with my really juicy white craft pad and heat embossed with white powder. I stamped the same paisley on the kraft pieces with black classic ink. I brushed the sides with a cotton ball dipped in black ink. I stamped the focal point in white craft/heat embossed with white powder and the butterflies in black classic ink. I pierced and faux stitched around the outside with my stardust pen. I added some ribbon on the corner...I cut two half circles on the sides with my regular hole punch so that the ribbon wouldn't slide off. I added some self stick jewels for good measure. The focal point is raised on leftover stamp rubber.

I probably need to make a note for myself to check the next time I go to Michaels, but is there such a thing as "fine" white embossing powder? I have fine silver and gold...I find that whenever I use my current powder that it looks a little messy or chunky...I know my super juicy pad doesn't help but I'm just not liking the texture of this particular powder...I can't even tell you the brand...I just know I got it at Michaels and it's white!!! If anyone has a brand they recommend, I would appreciate the info!!!

I can't believe its Thursday...in fact when I originally typed in my title I typed in Wacky Wednesday because I honestly thought it was still Wednesday! Yikes! I'm not sure I'm glad tomorrow is Friday or not!!

I'm off to go get my act together!!! See you soon...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if Michaels carries a Detail White Embossing powder...but I do know that Stampin' Up does.

Alhambra Club said...

Your card is beautiful. Oh my Puberty, something I would never wnat to go through again. Don't worry you two will be best friends when she is 21, only 10 years to go

Dina Kowal Creative said...

I notice that the cards I make when I'm stressed have a lot of black in them. I love all your patterns and swirlies here!

Dina

Related Posts with Thumbnails