Monday, June 25, 2007

Summer's Here!!

Well, the kids got out of school today and it is hot! Especially after such a cool/fair weather weekend!! So, in honor of summer here are some summery/festive cards! No challenge today...

Here is my USA card...


I used two stamps on this one...the frame and the sentiment...I broke it up into two pieces but it actually came from the same stamp. I stamped the frame image with silver craft and then heat embossed with silver powder...cut the inside out and then stamped the USA underneath...and colored that with markers. I added a few jewels and stamped the rest of the sentiment under the focal point...added some piercing and done!! I think it took longer to decide on a design than to actually make the card!! All images on these cards are by DRS Designs...link on the right.

Next up is a fireworks card. I know July 4th is coming up but I also wanted to show that fireworks can really be used anytime!! What better way to celebrate a birthday than with fireworks?!



For this one I used my spectrum celebration pad to ink up the image...after stamping and trimming, I ran the image through my Xyron so the sticky would be on the image itself and then I poured on the dazzling diamonds!! It is very sparkly in real life...and so am I!! I mounted the image on pop dots on another piece of white and stamped my sentiment. I pierced too!! Since I wanted to keep the focal point the WOW part of the card, I kept the rest simple. I used my embossing folder for the purple layer and added a few jewels...I think it could be for a guy or girl though...who doesn't like fireworks?!

Well, I'm off to pick up DD#1 from a friends...to celebrate the end of the school year they went to get manicures...oh, to be 10 and not have to worry about messing up your nails in the garden and the sink!!! I'm proud to say that both girls did really well on their report cards! No teacher info yet though...:( it's always fun to find out on the last day, I think...not this year...too many changes in the schools I guess...oh, well...something to look forward too over the summer!

See you soon!!

2 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Love both your card, I have used the firework these for birthdays and congratuation cards.

Whimsey said...

I LOVE the fireworks card and all the glitter - absolutely adorable. I'm doing some thank you's for a family that their daughter was born on July 4 last year - where did you get the firework stamp - it's the best I've seen so far!

Related Posts with Thumbnails