Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Cool colors on a hot day!!

Today was the color challenge over on SCS - cool caribbean, pretty in pink and marigold morning...I did my best to match the colors with what I had...I used a new to me DRS Designs (link on the right) image for the focal point on both cards...
Here is the first...(All images on both cards are by DRS Designs) Click on photos for closer views...


I think this butterfly is so cool!!! I stamped him off in tempting turquoise to get closet to the caribbean color...I used my giga scallop circle to punch circles in two colors to "color block" the mat under the butterfly...I highlighted the flower centers on the butterfly with my Stardust pen. I did a little piercing and highlighting with my white gel pen.

And for the second...


I decided to make a little "scene"! I used the same butterfly with my cool DRS two step flowers and leaves...I pierced the butterfly trail and outlined it with my pretty in pink marker and my stardust pen. I added some primas and jewels over my sentiment and some faux zig zag stitching at the top of the card. Again, I highlighted the flower centers on the butterfly with my stardust pen.

Boy was it hot here today! The weekend was so nice, cool and clear...what happened?! Summer in New England!! I hope your summer is off to a good start!
See you soon...

3 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Wow, both these cards are great, that butterfly is such a great stamp

Denise Bryant (imchatty) said...

Both of these cards are BEAUTIFUL!!! Thanks for sharing them with us. I also wanted to thank you for sharing the DRS link. I finally got around to checking it ou and I LOVE the stamps they have to offer...esp those military stamps. So what does DRS stand for and are you a rep or design team member? Just curious.

Denise

Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Great lay-outs. Love that butterfly stamp! TFS!

Related Posts with Thumbnails