Wednesday, June 13, 2007

What to do Wednesday...

That was me all day...what to do first, what to do next...my to do list was being checked off very slowly today!! Must have been the overcast skies. I did however finally complete the sketch challenge for today AND I made it the card I'm sending to my dad for Father's Day...here it is!



I was going to go with a nautical theme but then I do that every year so when I spied my yet to be inked cardinal I figured I would try that! or him!! The cardinal is by Rubber Stampede and I found him at Michaels. I stamped him on off white speckled paper using the water color technique - first with a sage green and then when it was dry I stamped him in cranberry crisp. I roughened up all my edges on the focal point and added some ribbon and hemp. I stamped enjoy with snap stamps and made a little tag. The patterned paper is from an old mini slab from provo craft...I distressed the edges of each piece with chocolate chip ink and pierced and faux stitched around practically everything!

I hope you're having a good week so far...keep your fingers crossed that I find plenty of time to play with new rubber tomorrow!!!
See you soon...

3 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Great card, really like the color combo

Mark's Finest Papers said...

Your work is amazing! Great Blog!

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Love this card!

Related Posts with Thumbnails