Sunday, July 22, 2007

Back from the beach!

Well, we got home late last night...we had a great time and we're exhausted!!! We don't rest on vacation we seem to do everything we possibly can while away! We were away for three days and played mini-golf all three days AND ate ice cream all three nights!! Yikes!! My in-laws seemed to like the frame I gave them (from a previous post) and of course my original intention of taking photos of the girls at the beach to put into the frame fell by the wayside when I FORGOT the camera when we went to the beach! What kind of scrapbooker am I?? I did however remember to take a couple of photos at their house before leaving yesterday so I will just send them those! I think I need to start tying strings on my fingers to remember things!!

Just minutes before leaving on Wednesday, I posted this challenge card: (click on photo for a closer view)



It is a combo of the sketch for the week and the color combo for the week. The flowers are NEW DRS images - link on the right ----> By the way, each month DRS comes out with new images...check out the "current creations" page on their website to scoop up these great designs. I rec'd a whole bunch of new images before leaving last week and will be posting them throughout the week so be sure to check back!

The flowers are two images...the small flower that is on the cuttlebug die cut and the strip of flowers. The stamp is actually longer than what you see on the card - I had to trim the stamped image to fit the sketch. They are so pretty! I watercolored the flowers with the color combo colors and the flip flopped the colors for the small flowers. I'm not sure I like the placement of the hello's (mainly the middle one - I think I should have flipped it but...oh well!)...the background is the DRS polka dot stamp in mellow moss. I added some white gel pen dots on the scallops and roughed up some of the edges. oh, and I can't forget the jewels for the flower centers!

(Hint: When I watercolor and want the exact colors for the challenge, I pick my ink pad, squeeze the lid of the pad to the pad itself (while the pad is closed!) and it leaves some ink on the lid...I just dip my watercolor brush in water and then the ink and watercolor away. When all I have is a Stampin' Spot pad or other small pad that is not as flexible, I take a scrap of transperancy, stamp my pad on the transperancy and again add a little bit of water on my brush and voila - instant watercolors in the color you need!)

Oh, I almost forgot - are you still with me??! We stopped in Hyannis on the way home yesterday and I ran into Colorful Creations - the stamp/scrap store that carries mainly Amuse stamps among others! What a cool store with ALOT of stuff...I could spend a small fortune on all their embellishments and papers...you name it! In between three cell phone calls asking where I was and what was taking so long, I managed to purchase two snowmen stamps (I love snowmen)...I'm not sure if they are new releases or not but they were on a table in the front with other Fall stamps so I can only assume...Anyway...I think Jenn Shurkus was the girl who rang my purchase up...I wanted to say hello and say "Hey, I know you kinda"!! But the family was threatening to drive away without me so I really had no choice....darn! Maybe next time!!

Hope your weekend is going well...
See you soon...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely card. I really must get one of those scallopped punches after seeing how you used it here. TFS

Karen said...

Great take on this challenge! Love it

Related Posts with Thumbnails