Monday, July 23, 2007

New stamp Monday...

just playing with some of my new DRS Designs images...you can find them at the link on the right ----> These cards consist mainly of new images, just released!!

First up, a patriotic card...click on photo for a closer look...



I stamped the eagle in cranberry crisp and the sentiment in brocade blue. The background star is stamped in chocolate chip. These star images are really cool!! Wait until you see the next card! This one was pretty basic as I thought the images spoke for themselves.

Next up...a friendship card...



I told you these star images were cool!!! I stamped the entire star wreath in chocolate chip on the kraft layer and then again on my speckled paper and punched it with my giga square punch. I trimmed the blue layer to size and roughed up the edges. I used a cotton ball dipped in close to cocoa to distress the edges of the focal point and card. I love this sentiment. I wanted to keep it plain, but it looked a little too plain so I added my snippet of ribbon and stapled it on. I don't usually like to use staples on my cards because I'm not sure I like the look but I figured I would give it a try...again! What do you think?

Can you tell I'm experimenting with my lighting? I'm not really liking it too much...need to check walmart again to see if they have those photo soft box studio thingys!! It poured all day today so natural light was not an option!!

Hope your week is off to a good start...gotta run, taco time!!!
See you soon...

1 comment:

Alhambra Club said...

Great cards, falling in love with that kraft paper.

Related Posts with Thumbnails