Tuesday, July 3, 2007

I have returned!

Whew, what a weekend! Busy, busy with family stuff due to the death of my dh's Aunt...the girls first experience with a funeral...all thigns considered though, they came through like troopers! And on a lighter note, today is Tuesday (yikes!) and color challenge day over on SCS - pretty in pink, chocolate chip and old olive...here's mine...(click for a closer view)
Can you believe we are up to #121 for the color challenges...wow!


I used the same DRS butterfly that I used last week...all images are by DRS Designs...link on the right. This time I colored each piece of the butterfly with a marker in the color challenge colors. The flower centers are highlighted with a silver glitter gel pen...hard to see in the photo though, sorry. I stamped the butterfly vine in pink on the pink panel...the sentiment is stamped in chocolate chip. I cut the butterfly out and popped it onto an oval vellum punch that was also embossed with swirls. No piercing on this one but I did add some jewels at the top and a photo corner. I ran some pink ribbon around the two different papers and added some in brown that was attached with a large silver brad. Almost forgot, the butterfly vine is outline with my stardust pen. (I love that pen!!!)

We don't have plans until after noon tomorrow...I hope to be able to sneak away for a sketch challenge card!!! we'll see...
See you soon...Happy 4th!!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

What a lovely card for such a sad occasion. TFS!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! Love your work!

Related Posts with Thumbnails