Thursday, July 5, 2007

Using ribbon...

was today's ways to use it challenge...here is my submission...I also used the sketch for the week...click on photo for a closer view...



I love ribbon, I have tons of ribbon...I just don't seem to use my ribbon often enough! For this card (all images by DRS Designs, link on the right) I stamped my doggie in chocolate chip and then distessed the edges with my scissors. The dog is raised on pop dots...oh, I just thought of something...for next time - I can cut the dog out and pop HIM on the pop dots...why didn't I think of that an hour ago!!! Anywho..I decided to make my grosgrain ribbon look like a studded dog collar and added some gold brads. Just to add something different, I made a tab out of a snipet of ribbon and added a gold heart brad...
The patterned paper is a scrap from a Walmart pack I just had to have...it is all animal motif paper...I don't have animals...only stuffed animals...but I have the paper and today it came in handy!! The sentiment is stamped in chocolate chip, the paw prints are stamped in close to cocoa that has been stamped off first...

I hope you had a happy 4th...I don't think I like the mid-week holidays (I kept thinking today was Monday!) but just think, the weekend is almost here!!
Thanks for visiting...see you soon...

2 comments:

wanda box said...

I love your card. I would love to get a dog stamp like you used. I checked the DRS link on you papge but I was unable to find it.
you can contact me at
ucanstampit@yahoo.com
thanks

Anonymous said...

I also liked the dog stamp and sentiment. I check the website list and couldn't find it either. Could you email me also as to where I could find them. cindyt@whoever.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails