Friday, August 3, 2007

Finally Friday!

Whew, it's been a long week! Today was the limited supply challenge over on SCS - to make a bakcground with sentiment stamps - no patterned paper or cuttlebug embossed paper. So, here are my Birthday Wishes...



All images are by DRS Designs, link on the right. You can click on the photo for a closer view. I used a color challenge combo from a few weeks ago...and the sketch is one of the dirty dare sketches...

I stamped my sentiment stamp - it is one stamp with all these sentiments on it...in ballet blue. The blue layer is stamped in the same color with my polka dot stamp. The birthday stamp was a perfect size for this layout. I just cut the panel into three pieces and then trimmed my mat layer and adhered them just a smidge away from each other. The sketch called for something to be placed in the lower left...I happened to look for something on my desk and I found a little arrow that I had cut from my cuttlebug arrow die some time ago and ding! the lightbulb in my noggin came on...why not use those (I've had it for a while and used the die once!) and since I have oodles of leftover felt from other projects (don't even ask!!) why not try something different and use that and there you have it! Felt arrows on my card!

I was just thinking how I haven't used this stamp in a while the other day and what do you know...the challenge was just right for it! Funny how those things happen!

Well, the weekend is upon us - hope you have something fun planned. Don't forget, sometime Sunday evening dd's will be pulling the winning comment out of something! for the blog candy drawing! Check back!
See you soon...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails