Friday, August 31, 2007

Happy Friday!!

It's a new day!!! First thing today, (well, after I picked up mounds of clothes off dd's floors!!) I finished the card I started last night! Another for yesterdays ways to use it challenge - colored pencils. I dug out my chalk pencils for this one - this may be the first time using them and I really don't know why! They are awesome!!! So quick and easy to work with. (click on photo for a closer view)



All images by DRS Designs - link on the right.
I stamped the image in black and then outlined some (not all) edges with my pencils and simply blended each area in a circular motion and voila!! Cool, huh? No water, no hairspray to seal the chalk - what could be better?! I did brush some regular chalks on the background for the sky but not enough that it would rub off when touched. I also used my favorite speckled paper - it comes in ivory and white and just gives a softer look than plain ol' white paper. I stamped my sentiment and then piecered on either side...adhered my focal image in the corner. The red and black panel combo is raised on pop dots and the primas are secured to the red panel with their brads. The lower vine image is part of two image stamp from DRS Designs...Very cool - two stamps for one!!

I'm off to do errands and then I hope to squeeze in a card or two before I head out to weed some of my gardens...first I have to find them though...there are so many weeds now I can't tell the yard from the garden!!! Yikes!! I tried offering to pay the kids to weed for me, but, no dice!
See you soon...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails