Thursday, August 30, 2007

How was your day?!

It was a pretty good day until school ended!!! Now I know never to do dual playdates on a school night!!! Yikes - it was rough here! Moody, screaming girls - need I say more?! Anyway, before they came home I was able to squeeze in a couple of cards.

This one is for today's ways to use it challenge - colored pencils. I used my watercolor pencils and blended them with baby oil. My first try with that - I like water better!! The oil is just sooooo, oily?! All images are DRS Designs, link on the right. (click on photos for closer views)



I stamped the stained glass image with black craft and then the pumpkin image in the same...heat embossed the whole thing with clear powder and then colored. The bat on the moon is heat embossed as well, but the bat on the "glass" is not. If you haven't already, check out the DRS Designs site for tips on using the stained glass image - they have more than one image to choose from. Very cool and very versatile!

Next up is another color challenge card...



All images by DRS Designs. The pink panel is stamped (not designer paper!) in olive and the flower centers are highlighted with white gel pen...I also make random dots with my white gel pen. The sentiment is stamped in olive as well. The flower and leaf are the outline images of two part stamps...I added a prima and jewel brad to the flower center. The jewels on the bottom are self-stick (my favorite!) The scallop punch is the giga size...I pierced the scallops and an inside ring. The ribbon is polka dot organdy I found at Walmart.

I have another card for the ways to use it challenge in the works right now...I was mid way through went the natives struck...and it's dh's birthday so....I guess I will wait until morning to finish it...I
See you soon...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails