Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Hey there...

I'm back (second day with two posts - wow! I like this back to school, slow work stuff!!) with two more cards...one for today's sketch over on SCS and one just because I felt like it!!

Here is my sketch card - a fun sketch, I flipped it to accomodate the stamps I used...(click on photos for closer views)



All images are by DRS Designs,
The bat and ghost images were stamped with black craft ink and heat embossed with clear powder. The bat and moon are raised on a pop dot. You may remember the sentiment from a previous card - I split the two words up for this particular card. A relatively simple card...the ribbon is from Michaels...a couple of years ago! Once the card was complete, I thought it looked a little blah so I doodled around the outside of the olive and violet pieces with my black marker and it was just what was needed!

Next up is another Halloween card...in non traditional colors!


Again, all images are DRS Designs.
I know I'm in the right season with the colors but for some reason just could not bring myself to use the usual organge and black...I really don't seem to like my cards when I do them in those colors...know what I mean? (Just nod yes either way!! ;) )
The jack-o-lantern (isn't he cute!?) is stamped in chocolate chip on my favorite speckled paper. I roughed up the edges with my scissors. The brads are Making Memories. I used the same sentiment on this card but kept it together this time. The olive panel is stamped with a multi-leaf stamp but I stamped it on a scrap so it is just a portion of the actual image. I added some twine and secured it with another brad and a snipet of ribbon. Added some paper piercing at the top and bottom - voila!

I noticed today that our grocery store is fully stocked with Halloween candy...already!! Geesh! I hope they still have some two months from now!! ;-)
See you soon...
Related Posts with Thumbnails