Monday, August 27, 2007

A trio!

Well, they don't go together but I do have three things to share with you today...
First, my submission for today's technique challenge over on SCS - versamark and emboss resist...(click on photos for closer views)



All images by DRS Designs - link on the right...
I stamped the eeek! with versamark and then heat embossed with clear powder. They eyes were stamped with just versamark...on a glossy piece of paper. When all was dry, I brayed over the piece in vintage violet. I added some brads and popped the sentiment which is simply stamped in black and raised on pop dots. I also added some SU! silver cord. A simple but fun card!!

Next is a little teacher gift for dd to bring into her 3rd grade teacher tomorrow for the first day of school.



I toyed with decorating the jar, which I found at Michaels but it just seemd too busy and I didn't have the right rub-ons so I just left it...this way she can use it for whatever she may need it for. The ribbon is from a scrap in my big jar o' ribbons! The jar is filled with Creme Savers candies. I used my giga scallop punch for the green and my CM circle cutter for the off white piece - the apple is from SU! Fall Fun and the sentiment is a Michaels $1 stamp. I pierced each scallop with my piercer and added a copper eyelet to run the ribbon through.

Finally, another Halloween card - very simple but I like it!!



All images are by DRS Designs, link on the right.
I stamped Frankie in white craft and heat embossed with white powder...then I sponged around the outside of the image with grey ink. The sentiment is stamped in black and I hand stitched the "stitches" above the sentiment with black embroidery floss. I also added some silver brads for his bolts! Isn't he cute?!

Hope your week is off to a great start - we spent today at the mall shopping for clothes for my soon to be 6th grader! Yikes, how did that happen?! The best thing is, she used all her own birthday money and was so proud of herself! Mow if I could just get her to go thru her closet and get rid of the things she doesn't really want!! That's a job for another day I guess!
See you soon...

1 comment:

Alhambra Club said...

These cards are great, what a wonerful teacher gift.

Related Posts with Thumbnails