Friday, September 21, 2007

Are you ready?

for some cards? I got all but one card that was planned for today done...right now I'm too tired to go on!!! Luckily both dd's gott invited elsewhere for dinner...yeah, I don't have to cook...boo, there is nothing in the house worth making for just one person since dh is still at work! Anyway...I cut out of work early today to get some cards done...two were for the limited supply challenge over on SCS and one, just because!

For the limited supply challenge - 3/4 layers:
All images on all three cards today are by DRS Designs. Click on photos for closer looks!



This grill and sentiment are new releases...I stamped the grill and top part of the sentiment in black craft and heat embossed with clear powder. I colored the inside of the grill and grate with markers. I inked, with a marker, the bottom of a swirl flower and stamped it over the grate to look like smoke. I added a jump ring to the handle on the grill and attached a snip of ribbon to look like a towel. The black background is embossed with a cuttlebug folder. The bottom half of the sentiment is stamped in silver craft and heat embossed with silver powder. I added some eyelets with my cropodile.

For this one...I stamped my focal image in black and colored with markers. I lightly sponged bliss blue around the image to soften it. Since I didn't want to add another layer (per the challenge) but I wanted to outline my focal point, I ran my black marker carefully along the edge to give it some definition.



The tag is the large sizzix tag die cut...I stamped the sentiment in white craft and heat embossed with white powder. I attached my scrap of ribbon with a jewel brad and added a few pink jewels to the focal point. I used my handy stitch to stitch the charcoal layer and then the top and bottom of the card.

And finally, my just because card! For this one, I decided to drag out my real sewing machine!



First I stamped the hat in red (by stamping off first so the image was lighter) and then I stamped the sentiment in purple craft and heat embossed with clear powder. I added my purple and red layers and then added brads to the corners. The patterned paper is a Karen Foster pack...I attached is to my red layer using the zig zag stitch on my machine. I think this may be the first time I have used that stitch! My machine and I don't get alone all that well but today seemed to go ok. The whole time I was thinking to myself...the next time that little Janome machine is on sale at Hancock Fabrics - I'm getting it!!! My machine is so big and heavy and I really don't have room for it with all the other stuff crowding my studio. From what I've heard, the mini machine is light and compact and easy to use! What could be better!!! We'll see, I would ask dh for it for my birthday, but he bought me the big machine (years and years ago) and I kind of feel bad asking for another one!! Anyway, back to the card...I added some organdy ribbon to the side and raised the focal point on pop dots. I added a feather for good measure!

Whew, what a day! Well, I'm off to figure out dinner! I like my alone time, but I feel kind of sad! If the girls are this busy in 3rd and 6th grade what is it going to be like in high school - I shudder to think of it!!!!

Have a good weekend - see you soon...

3 comments:

Patti said...

Lots of great details on these cards! I especially love the gingham ribbon on the grill! Perfect touch!

Melissa said...

All of these are fabulous!

Anonymous said...

These are so cute!! I especially LOVE the grill card! That background looks awesome!

Related Posts with Thumbnails