Thursday, September 20, 2007

Much Better Thursday...

Well, today I feel more like myself in the card making area!! I had a dental appt this am and I think that was weighing on my mind yesterday - I HATE going to the dentist...bad childhood experiences! The recent years have been good visits but that kind of thing never leaves you I guess!!! Anyway...today was the ways to use it challenge over on SCS - to use basic gray (the new SU! color)...well, I don't have that and apparently don't have any of that charcoal like colored paper. I did however find a baggie of scraps that had some! Yahoo!!! So, here is my first card...All images on this one by DRS Designs.
(Click on photos for closer views)



The cross has the Our Father inside it...I stamped it in black and then stamped my stained glass image on a transparency in black stazon and cut it to fit over the white panel. I used my slit punch on the white corners and attached the three panels with brads. The focal point is raised on pop dots above the ribbon. I stamped the rose image in black craft and then heat embossed with clear powder and stamped my sentiment just below in regular black ink.

This next one's main image is by CC Designs.



I stamped my bugz in black ink and colored her with markers. Her skirt is made from a piece of frayed grosgrain ribbon. I added a tiny prima and a jewel in place of her flower. I used my handy stitch to stitch in pink on the gray layer. The dp is from a Christina Cole slab by Provo Craft. I used my largest cuttlebug scallop die for the bottom of the sentiment piece and pierced it. The "giggle" sentiment is from the $1 spot at Target (spring 07). I added a jewel to dot the "i".

I hope you enjoyed your visit today...
See you soon...

1 comment:

Alhambra Club said...

Those childhood traumas never leave you. Your cards are fantastic, love the elegance of your first card and your second card is adorable.

Related Posts with Thumbnails