Saturday, September 29, 2007

Butterfly Inspiration...

that was the "subject" I quess you could say of today's Inspiration Challenge over on SCS. This is my interpretation of the butterfly pillow that was the inspiration piece today...(click on photo for a closer look)



All images are by DRS Designs.
As soon as I saw the pillow I knew I had to use this butterfly stamp! I stamped the butterlies in coral but since I don't have a coral craft pad and wanted them embossed, I stamped over my coral image with versamark and then heat embossed with clear powder. Once they were cool I cut them out. I stamped my sentiment with chocolate chip ink and used my swirl embossing folder for the brown strips. The butterfly on the white panel is raised on a pop dot. The other is adhered to the brown strip. When I was cutting the butterflies out I intentionally cut off their antennae and replaced it with some copper craft wire that I twisted to look like antennae! A clean and simple card!

I'm glad I had the chance to play today in between activities! I'm also excited to report that DD (age 8) scored TWO goals in her soccer game this morning!!! Yeah!!!!!

I hope you're having a good weekend - thanks for stopping by.
See you soon...
Related Posts with Thumbnails