Friday, September 28, 2007

The Weekend...

has arrived!!! Yeah!!! I was busy in my studio again today...the end of the month is usually slow for me real work wise so I was able to spend my day enjoying designing without time constraints!! So, here is what I have for you...

Today was the limited supply challenge over on SCS...using Halloween images to make non-Halloween cards!

First, a batty Anniversary card...All images on this one by DRS Designs. (click on photos for closer views)



The image and sentiment are stamped in classic black ink. I used a heart hand punch for the heart they are holding and the tiny hearts on the card front. The scallops are two giga scallop square punches adhered together - end to end. The focal point is raised on pop dots. I added some googlie eyes just for fun!

Next up is my Baby Pumpkin card...Bugz image is by CC Designs.



This pumpkin bug is part of the Halloween set - you can buy her/him as a single stamp or as part of the set. Isn't it cute?! I punched two oval giga scallops and layered them together. My image and sentiment are stamped in black. I colored the image with markers and pierced the edges of the scallop. The patterned paper is from a large baby slab I found at Walmart some time ago. I thought this card would make a good Fall baby congrats! The sentiment was in my drawer and I'm not sure who makes it! My sewing machine and I worked things out, for this card anyway, and I was able to effectively zig zag around the perimeter of the card. The ribbon was sewn on with my handy stitch. The focal point is raised on pop dots. I added some jewels and a photo corner to balance the right edge out.

This next one I started last night and finished this morning! Another skating Deerette from the CC Designs, Reindeer Games set. These stamps can be purchased as a set or individually.



The story behind this card is this...when I first received my set and showed DD, she was a little perplexed at the fact that the deerettes didn't have clothing! So...this one has a skating outfit. I figured I would go with the idea that she just finished her first competition and this is what she wore! I paper pieced her outfit with a polka dot paper scrap. The sentiment is from the gone to school set.
The star on the image is covered with a gold star brad. The scallop is from my cuttlebug die set and the the whole piece is raised on a pop dot. I used my flake embossing folder for the purple panel and rubbed over the raised area with my moonlight white brilliance pad. I doodled around the focal point edges and added a photo corner. The blue swirls and flakes are stamped in bliss blue. Of course I had to add jewels to the flakes! You can't really see in the photo but I highlighted her eyelashes, laces and pom poms on her scarf with my stardust pen.

That's it for now...I hope you had a good weekend and will have an even better weekend. Thanks for visiting...
See you soon...

2 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

Well, I'm just batty over your anniversary card...how very clever!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Adorable cards! I love that little pumpkin bug, and the bats for the anniversary card is a super idea! For my husband, I could put inside "you drive me batty!" Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails