Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Challenging Colors...

When I first saw the color challenge colors over on SCS today, I thought, great...now what!!!?? I had been hoping that I could use the color challenge as a jumping off point for the images I had planned to use today...well, in the end, it worked out perfectly. I actually like these colors together and they work great for almost any kind of card!

Here is what I've done so far...(click on photos for closer views)



All images are by DRS Designs. The focal image is part of their newest release of images. I thought this would make a great birthday card especially since my birthday is this month!!!! I stamped the focal image on my speckled paper and then stamped again on a scrap of the same. I colored the image with markers, cut it out and then adhered over the initial stamping with a pop dot. This is a great color combo when you just want to have a punch of color. I think I achieved that with this...don't you?! The leaf border (which is actually one part of a two image stamp) is stamped in going gray.

Next up is a Halloween treat that is great for scouts/classroom treats/fun office buddies!!!



All images on this project are by CC Designs, part of the new Halloween set.

I stamped the ghost on white, cut it out and adhered it to my base. The spider is stamped in black and colored with markers. I added some embroidery floss so the ghost looks like it is either walking the spider (lol) or holding it from the string of its web!!! I slipped an oval scallop punch into the top of the topper and added dd's name in white gel pen. I secured the baggie to the topper with two silver brads. The candy is stamped on avery labels that measure 1.5 x 2.75...inches that is! I threw in some bat confetti before closing it up. Quick and fun!

I hear some candy calling my name...I hope to return later today with more goodies for you! Stay tuned...
See you soon...

4 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Your card is fantastic, love it and the cute little topper for the treat bag, how cool

Melissa said...

You did an awesome job Cathy!

Anonymous said...

The pumpkin is so pretty! And the ghost treats are adorable! Great idea!

Christina Fischer said...

I love what you did with these colors! I just couldn't come up with anything -- your mojo must be workin' harder than mine! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails