Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Every day is a challenge...

over on SCS!!! Today was the color challenge...

Here is my first...I keep going back and forth as to whether I like it or not...I had only had one cup of coffee prior to making this one...maybe that's why!!! I'm posting it anyway...who knows maybe you will like it and draw some inspiration from it that I didn't! Click on photos for closer views...



All images on this one by DRS Designs. It's a pretty basic card...I outlined the doves and leaves with my Sakura Stardust pen even though the photo didn't pick it up. There is a snowflake background stamped in versamark on the red panel. I used my slit punch to cut the corners, added jewels and some ribbon at the top. I machine stitched around the perimiter of the card.

Next up...all images on this one by CC Designs, Reindeer Games set.
(Keep in mind, you can buy these stamps as a set or individually!)



I used my snowflake embossing folder on the two background panels. I machine stitched both panels...one straight and one zig zag! I stamped the skate deer on watercolor paper and colored her with my SU! markers and aqua painter. I stamped her flakes in bliss blue. I've had this ribbon from, I think, Michaels, for what seems like forever! I added some to the tassels of her scarf and along the background of the card. Skate deer is mounted on two giga scallop punches adhered together. The whole panel is mounted on pop dots to clear the ribbon. I stamped the sentiment and cut it to pieces and mounted it on my red scraps. I added jewels to some of the flake centers.

And just to be different I made another card...all images on this one by DRS Designs. I wanted to use my pumpkin image again but thought maybe I would adapt it to a Thanksgiving card rather than Halloween!



Obviously, I was going for an out of the box look here! We always focus on turkeys at Thanksgiving...but what about the pumpkins...don't you have pumpkin pie?! And with today's technology...who knows, maybe some day there will be red pumpkins!!!

Again, I stamped my pumpkins on watercolor paper, colored them with markers and my aqua painter. I doodled around the outside. I machine stitched the perimeter of the card in alternating stitches. I really getting the hang of it now!!! I stamped my sentiment in black and added another scrap of red. I added some black brads to finish it off.

I finally decorated (a little) for Halloween today! I don't think I've ever been this late!! It has been so warm here in the Northeast, it just doesn't seem like Fall...except for the large amount of leaves on the front lawn waiting to be raked!!!

I hope you like what you see today...stop by again...tomorrow is the sketch challenge...I hope to have little something different for you as well.

See you soon...

3 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Oh my you have been busy, I love all the cards, your dove card, the layout and colors are great, and that reindeer image and card is adorable.

My Paper World said...

Then are all fabulous, I especially love your skating reindeer!

Anonymous said...

Your deer card is just ADORABLE! Great work!

Related Posts with Thumbnails