Wednesday, October 24, 2007

This way and that...

that is what I did with today's sketch challenge...the first way I did it was the way Rox presented it to us and the second one, I flipped.

Here is my first - click on photos for closer views.




All images by DRS Designs. The focal point and sentiment are both new releases! I love them both!!! I'm pretty pleased with the way this card came out today!! I stamped the image on watercolor paper and colored with my markers and an aqua painter. The sentiment is stamped on watercolor paper too. I stamped a single background stamp on the kraft layer in close to cocoa and distressed the outer edges with my distressing tool. I added some yellow hemp that I had in my stash. An addition to the challenge was to use hardware so I added three copper brads.

Next is my flipped version...main image is by CC Designs. The image is called Luv Bugz...



The bluish card stock is by Prism - Island Mist Light and the patterned paper is by Three Bugs in a Rug - blossom collection - lattice. Don't you love the way they coordinate??!!! How cool is that?!
The dark pink paper is by Bazzill - Berrylicious. The flower is a Bazzill bitty blossom - I added a Got Flowers Prima and knotted my yellow May Arts ribbon through the center hole to mimic those in the patterned paper.
I framed my image with my black marker, colored with my SU markers and highlighted her flower with my Sakura Stardust pen.
The sentiment is a $1 stamp from Joanns - I believe it is by Studio G. This was a fun card - I hand drew the little hearts, added a couple jewels and pierced around the focal points. Everything used on this card (with the exception of the jewels and sentiment) can be found at All That Scraps.

Thanks for stopping by...
See you soon...

2 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

These are great cards, love the elegance of your first card, and those bugs on your second one is adorable.

Colleen said...

Love your cards. Great coloring!
PS You've been tagged!
Hugs,
Colleen
http://kroppykat.blogspot.com/

Related Posts with Thumbnails