Saturday, October 20, 2007

One More Saturday Night...

*** If you are the first person to leave a comment with the band that performed that song...I'll send you a little something from my stash!!!***

Obviously, thinking up creative titles can be a problem!! So, since that one just popped into my head I figured we could have fun with it!! We'll see just how many fans are stampers too!!!

So, back to my original intention for posting!! I decided to make a card and gift bag to go with the wooden "E" I made the other day. DD is at the party as I type...yes, I did wait until the last minute to make the additions but what else is new!!!

Here is the card...(click on photos for closer views)



I was lucky enough to win this "E" and several other letters in a Papercrafts Magazine contest...how cool is that?! The stamp is by Sonlight Impressions/Cornish Heritage Farms. I stamped it in black craft and heat embossed with clear powder. I then cut along the outside and mounted it to the dp that I used on the wooden letter. I sewed the dp to the black layer with my sewing machine, using a zig zag stitch. I added some velvet ribbon, jewels and a combo of a Making Memories paper flower and a Prima. A simple card, with a bold statement, I think!

Next is the entire set...you can see a close up of the letter in Friday's post.



The bag is a white lunch bag that you can buy in packs at places like Michaels. I did the same main panel...dp stitched to black. This time instead of the "E" I stamped SU! Big Blossom in black craft and heat embossed it with clear powder, again cutting out along the image. I stamped my sentiment "For You" using my Papertrey Ink - Papertray set (the first set). Added a few jewels for good measure! I added two eyelets at the top (one on each side) for the ribbon to go thru. I tied it in a bow on the front of the package once everything was inside. (In case you missed the previous post - dd's friend asked for donations to a local charity that benefits a sick local girl in lieu of presents...the check was inside the card, which was inside the bag!

It's just me and youngest DD tonight since the party is a sleepover and DH has a gig...and wouldn't you know...there is NOTHING good on tv and we didn't rent a movie! Oh well...we'll figure something out!!!

Don't forget to leave your guess...first one with the correct answer wins!!!
See you soon...
Related Posts with Thumbnails