Friday, October 19, 2007

Wood continued...

I finished the gift for dd's friend (that I started and mentioned last night) this morning...I was inspired by yesterday's way to use it challenge on SCS - to use wood!

Click on photo for a closer view...no stamping on this one!



The letter is from Michaels...I traced the letter on my selected paper and cut the sections out. I then covered the letter with modge podge and placed the paper on top. I let it dry, which doesn't take long, then I sanded the edges and gave the whole thing another coat of MP. I added some primas and jewels with glue dots...the clear sticker up top is by Basic Grey. The pink paper is by Making Memories and the black paper is by Christina Cole. The charm hanging from the white ribbon says friend and was part of an assortment I bought from Oriental Trading a couple of years ago. Another quick and simple project! The birthday girl is turning 11 and her room is pink and black, decorated in a french theme. In lieu of presents she is asking each guest to make a donation to a local charity. Since her mom is my best friend, I figured we would slip this in the bag with the check! I hope she likes it!

I didn't have much time today but I was able to slip in a card for today's limited supply challenge...

All images by DRS Designs. Two more newly released images.



A basic card...I used my textile embossing folder and paper pierced the top. The sentiment is stamped in chocolate chip over the spray which was inked in old olive. Our only embellishment was to be a ribbon so I added some brown gingham. The swirl is not a new release but I think it is one of my favorite DRS images. ;-) So, did I achieve quick and elegant?? I didn't realize until I posted the card that the ribbon was in front of "you"! Oops...of course I was running out the door and now I no longer have the card. It was one of those days!!!

Thanks for stopping by this week...I hope you enjoyed your visit(s)...
See you soon...

2 comments:

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Love them Both.....Awesome,Amazing and more....

Hugs,
Lisa B <><

Melissa said...

Fabulous Cathy! I've had an M here for some time now that I just can't seem to get right but you have inspired me to persevere and get it done!

Related Posts with Thumbnails