First of all, I've been tagged! I rarely get tagged so when I do it's pretty exciting!
I have received The You Make Me Smile Award...
I was nominated by Colleen. I have to name 7 random/weird things about myself and then tag 7 more people...
1. I'm not a fan of flying except when we go to Disney World!!!
2. I have been to over 20 Grateful Dead shows and a handful of Jerry Garcia shows...I even ended up on stage once!!
3. I don't like cooking...and my family doesn't really like to eat my cooking!
4. I do, however, bake a darn good cranberry bread!
5. I never drank coffee until I reached my 30's and now I can't stop.
6. I'm making my kids breakfast for dinner tonight (refer back to #3)
7. I found this really hard!!! I guess I'm just not that interesting! (LOL)
Now for my 7...well, rather than me tagging people who may have already been tagged, if you're reading this, consider yourself tagged!!! If you decide to post 7 things about yourself, be sure to come back and comment with a link so I can check it out!!!
And now for the masking portion of my post!
Today was the ways to use it challenge on SCS - to use masks. Here is mine...
All images by CC Designs, Gone to School set.
I masked the pile of books! I made this for my youngest dd to congratulate her on reading more than 50 days over summer vacation! She read pretty much every day and since she reached the goal, she gets to have a special lunch with the Principal and any other kids that met the goal. The striped paper is by Three Bugs in a Rug/Blossom Collection and the yellow base is by Bazzill/Canvas/Lemonade. I colored the focal image with SU! markers. The scallop is a cuttlebug die with a circle punch in the center. I raised it on pop dots and added some May Arts yellow satin ribbon. I also used my friend embossing folder for the solid area (this is the reverse side of the stripe paper). I thought the words mimicked words that dd might have seen in her reading. All paper, cuttlebug supplies and the stamp set can be purchased at All That Scraps.
That's all I have to show you today...I have some other things I've been working on, but they're "Top Secret" for now!!!
That something different I hope to share with you is still in the works...what do they say about the best laid plans???!!! I'll be back with more eye candy tomorrow!
See you soon...